CMRF Crumin provides vital funding for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin and The National Children's Research Centre. When a child you love is sick, your top priority is finding the best care available. It’s ours too. At the core of CMRF Crumlin is a desire to help every sick child to give them the best possible chance to survive, thrive and live to their potential. We’re focused in supporting small miracles everyday by funding cutting edge research, new wards and upgrades together with patient experience through our Giggle Fund. At CMRF Crumlin our team has one simple mission - helping kids and their families.
With that in mind we wish to recruit for the following positions:
Fundraising Events Intern
About the Organisation
CMRF Crumlin provides vital funding for Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin and The National Children's Research Centre. When a child you love is sick, your top priority is finding the best care available. It’s ours too. At the core of CMRF Crumlin is a desire to help every sick child to give them the best possible chance to survive, thrive and live to their potential. We’re focused in supporting small miracles everyday by funding cutting edge research, new wards and upgrades together with patient experience through our Giggle Fund. At CMRF Crumlin our team has one simple mission – helping kids and their families.
Role & Purpose
CMRF Crumlin is seeking an intern to assist with fundraising and special events. The Fundraising Intern will play a key role specifically in supporting the Special Events and Golf programmes and will gain experience in non-profit marketing, data analysis, database management, event logistics, and other administrative tasks.
The ideal intern will be highly motivated to learn about the non-profit sector, and won’t be afraid to take initiative. They will also have a strong eye for detail and a positive attitude.
This is a 9 month internship programme offering a wonderful opportunity to learn and develop with the support and mentoring of experienced fundraising and other professional staff in CMRF Crumlin.
- Assist in planning and implementing fundraising events with Special Events Manager and Golf Co-ordinator.
- The provision of cross functional support to ensure that attendee expectations are met and realised so that the overall experience of working in partnership with CMRF Crumlin is extremely positive.
- Supporting new business development by providing prospect research, data analysis and key insights to inform new business pitches.
- Working with the Marketing team on literature needs and other information to be used by the Fundraising team.
- Providing day to day support to department heads in the administration of event programmes (special events & golf).
- Supporting the Special Events and Golf area managers to manage all contacts in the CMRF Donor/Support database & ensuring all income from these audiences is tracked and accounted for.
- Oversee the banking and thanking process for event supporters to CMRF.
- Working with team and support teams to develop key cultivation events, thank you events, and major supporter visits to the hospital and the National Children’s Research Centre.
- Support existing events by refreshing / collating relevant materials, branding and promotional supports to administer their annual plans.
- Produce web content and social media schedule for all partner activities
- Represent CMRF Crumlin at events relevant to help build the CMRF partnership brand.
- Participation at meetings as required.
- Undertake any relevant work delegated by the management team.
- Share CMRF’s values, participate as a full member of the CMRF team and support activities across the whole organisation as appropriate.
- Engage in regular one to one sessions with your manager and department head.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with your manager.
- Be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your manager or Health & Safety Representative
- A graduate of Business, Comms, Marketing (or other relevant discipline).
- Experience in administration in a complex and busy environment.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Office Skills, preferably knowledge of Word and Excel to mail merge, and database experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both written and oral with a diverse range of audiences.
- Copywriting and copyediting experience.
- Comfort with social media.
- Ability to independently manage workflow but also thrive in a team environment
- High degree of initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to research, analyse and collate data concisely and clearly.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills.
- The ability to be flexible in relation to working hours to meet the needs of the environment. Work during unsociable may be required from time to time.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday 11th May.
CMRF Crumlin is an equal opportunities employer.